Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE) program focuses on the application of electronics and computer technology to instrumentation, industrial automation, and process control systems.ICE program prepares graduates who.
- Have a sound knowledge base and skill sets to develop and expand professional careers in fields related to measurement and instrumentation technologies, process modeling and simulation, computer-based control systems, and industrial processes automation.
- Are well-rounded individuals with strong personal skills, competent in communication and presentation, able to work in team environments, and possess a strong sense of professionalism.
- Have an aptitude for engineering applications and are immediately productive in the workplace after graduation and are committed to professional development and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will have an appropriate mastery of the knowledge in electronics, computer technology, data communication, instrumentation and control systems.
- Graduates will be able to apply mathematics as the tool and the concepts of chemistry, physics, and electricity for problem formulation and solutions.
- Graduates will be competent in computer applications and be able to develop applications programs for modeling, simulation, instrumentation, and control of engineering systems.
- Graduates will be able to solve open-ended technical problems and be proficient in the analysis, design, test, and implementation of instrumentation and control systems utilizing appropriate software and hardware tools and devices.
- Graduates will be able to effectively communicate technical information and details verbally and in writing.
- Graduates will conduct, analyze, and interpret experimental results to improve process.
- Graduates will be able to conduct information searching and processing and develop the ability for lifetime-learning.
- Graduates will be able to plan and execute project work to achieve the expected goals.
- Graduates will be able to communicate and function effectively and positively in team settings.
- Graduates will be able to appreciate ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity.
- Graduates will be able to understand the value and role of professional organizations as resources for technical information and career direction, be active in networking and community involvements.
- Graduates will be able to understand and uphold professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.